The Black Coach looks great... but doesn't play too well.
I took the new Nighthaunt battletome to the first lvl up gaming one day event in Ringwood.
My list was:
Procession: Scarlet Doom
Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Lore of the Underworlds: Spectral Tether
Guardian of Souls
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Lore of the Underworlds: Shademist
- Artifact: Arcane Tome
- Lore of the Underworlds: Seal of Shyish
20 x Bladegheist Revenants
10 x Bladegheist Revenants
20 x Chainrasp
3 x Spirit Hosts
2 x Chainghasts
Endless Spell: Mortalis Termiexus
All in a Battle Regiment, so one drop.
This just did not play well into the opponents
- Soulblight Gravelords, with two Zombie Dragons
- Stormcast - 6 dragons and a Krondspine
The coach has great mobility, but unfortunately doesnt hit that hard, and in the new battletome has less utility than in the previous one. It charges up as models die nearby... but if you're up against monsters, or Nurgle, which are very good at not dying, it's difficult with the new warscroll to get it powered up at all.
Great model, but hard to justify at 335 points with the current warscroll.